Terms used in this document
Reader refers to any individual using any services rendered by site www.ovaynberg.com.
Reader data refers to any information concerning the reader which is known to us.
Personal data refers to any reader-related information.
Processing refers to the collection, storage, change, provision of access to, and transfer of personal reader data.
The site refers to any public service available at www.ovaynberg.com
Our basic principles
We ensure the confidentiality of personal data and apply all necessary organisational and technical measures to protect personal data. In some instances, we engage our partners in personal data processing and transfers this data to them. In these cases, we make sure that adequate security measures are taken. It means that we do not transfer any data to partners whose data storage principles seem doubtful to us, or if we know that these principles substantially differ from those provided for in this document.
We may store personal data of two types:
- Identification data, including first name and last name (or nickname), as you put it to your profile.
- Contact data, including user email.
Why we do this
We process personal data due to several reasons:
- For the readers to be able to leave a comment (if they wish to).
- For the readers to be able to receive our newsletters, subject to subscription.
We only use the data collected from you (first and last name in comments (or nickname), email address for newsletters), subject to your consent to the principles of processing this data.
Those who can get access to personal data
As already mentioned above, sometimes we transfer personal data to our partners while taking adequate measures to ensure their security. For instance, we transfer data to mailing services or analytics systems. We may also provide data at the request of the Australian law enforcement authorities (although we cannot imagine why they might need it).
Where and how personal data is processed
Personal data is processed in the Russia and Australia. Personal data required to enable comments is stored until you choose to delete your profile. You can remove your profile by your self. If you wish us to delete this data, please write us an email, and we will delete your profile.
Personal data stored by us is not used to personalise anything anywhere (in the language of the law, it means that we do not take any automated decisions, and do not create any profiles based on this data).
What readers are entitled to
- Firstly, readers have an opportunity to amend their personal data if it is incomplete and/or incorrect.
- Secondly, readers have the right to request the deletion of their personal data.
- Thirdly, if a reader thinks their rights and interests were breached, they may file a claim. We will do everything possible to remedy the situation. For this purpose, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S. This document may be subject to change!
We have the right to change the above principles at any time on a unilateral basis. We are not going to do this secretly — instead, we will warn our readers about it at least a month before any changes enter into force, right here on this page.